Create activity zone areas on the playground (or in the gym), designated for specific types of activities. Use cones and signs to identify each zone and the activities that will be done there. Set up areas and activities that can make the most of the space you have! Change the zones and activities every couple of weeks.
- With the help of your school’s physical education team, design a set of activity zones for different types of activities, like group games, jumping rope, areas for tag and others.
- Use cones or other markers, and signs to designate the different areas. Make signs that explain what activities are designated for the different activity zones and help students select zones that are right for them.
- Make big poster-sized maps of the activity zones to put up around the school, especially near exits to the playground or at the entrance to the gym, so students know what to expect when they enter the zones!
- Get volunteer students or adults to help run activities in the different zones.
- You may want to solicit donations for the project in the form of funding or equipment. Use the Tools below to help. Consider applying for funding opportunities on FuelUpToPlay60.com!