Use Action for Healthy Kids’ Game On! The Ultimate Wellness Challenge After School: Fun Fitness Activities to create easy-to-implement fitness activities that can be modified to fit the number of participating students and the availability of equipment
- Visit Game On! The Ultimate Wellness Challenge: After School: Fun Fitness Activities.
- Look for a suitable location to set up the After School: Fun Fitness Activities with your school physical education team and principal.
- Work with the physical education team to set up the activities you are interested in pursuing. Set up all the activities to run as stations on a special after-school fitness day, or use the activities individually on different days — whatever is most appropriate for your after-school program.
- Select the best days and times for the activities, and arrange a schedule for who will set up and supervise them.
- Publicize the benefits of using the activities. Use the information and ideas in Tools and Resources below to help you get your message out.
- Get teachers to volunteer to take their classes through the activities, if they are available during the day, as part of a special physical activity break.
- Consider hosting a kickoff event using the Game On! The Ultimate Wellness Challenge Course to help students (and adults) learn about the importance of healthy eating and physical activity— and to get students exposed to the idea of going station to station.